Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fast Malacanang action on Bulacan gov


This is what I call FAST ACTION.

The Office of the President has given Bulacan Gov. Wilhelmino Alvarado 15 days to answer a complaint that he had allegedly ordered the ILLEGAL TRANSFER of marble blocks from a cancelled mining operation at the Biak na Bato National Park in San Miguel town.

Informants e mailed a copy of the order to Alvarado.

But what was rather unusual was Alvarado was SPECIFICALLY ORDERED to only submit a reply, and NOT A MOTION TO DISMISS the complaint.

I’m not a lawyer so I won’t speculate.

But in my more than 10 years as a newspaperman, I came across a lot of legal orders and directives from government offices and the courts and this the first time I’ve seen something like this.

In case you haven’t read our initial blog on this issue, 13 blocks of marble were moved out of the Rosemoor mining at the park allegedly WITHOUT the REQUIRED ONE TRANSPORT PERMIT from the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR).

A car assigned to the Bulacan Environment and Natural Resources Office or BENRO was spotted at the site during the removal of the  marble, which were brought to the Provincial Engineering Office in Guiguinto town.

Ten of the marble blocks worth P3 million are reportedly missing.

BENRO and the Provincial Engineering Office are DIRECTLY under Alvarado’s office, prompting the complaint from a San Miguel resident.

To the Office of the President, thanks for your prompt action.

I’m not a Bulakeno but just like you guys, I’m a full-blooded Filipino who despises the desecration of any historical site anywhere in the country by anybody.

Whatever will your findings be, I sincerely hope you will see to it that the sacrifices of our heroes will NEVER be dishonored again by the LUST for money of a greedy few.

Mabuhay kayo!

                                                                        ***
Two friends of mine, one a balikbayan and the other an overseas Filipino worker, asked me if I would accommodate comments or information on other topics like success stories or achievements of our compatriots abroad.

I would be more than happy to do so. I assure you I will immediately post it the moment I receive it. Just include your complete name, location and country of origin and e mail the details to antonio.boyet@yahoo.com or ba0715@yahoo.com.

Stay safe and God bless, everybody. 30   




No comments:

Post a Comment